Sunday, May 07, 2006

Post rally

The polls are finally over and results announced. And that also concludes my first rally, first voting, my first participation in the political election. Hunnywen has blogged out my first rally and that sure brought back wonderful flashbacks.

Indeed, the past week was lit with highlights, manifestos, little flags, sirens with political figures doing their rounds, new plans, promises of new lease of improvements, more pictures of your estates circulated than you actually seen in the past few years.

i had an enriching experience just going to the rally. The way to the open field was covered with trails of the young and elderly. People rallying for support, people carrying souvenirs supporting their parties. People mostly in their work attire or the bulk sporting their after dinner - berms, polo tees or plain XXL comfy cotton tees, i sported an adult who's prob sleeping early cos he was in his matching blue pyjamas with yellow motifs.

People came well- prepared with mats, make-shift chairs, umbrellas, binoculars, it's so nice to know people, true-blue singaporeans, regardless of their race, age, occupation, residential gathering for a national event, of their own accord, despite the crowd, the incessant jams, the muddy fields brought about by the ocassional showers who ALSO wanted to play a participating role. Have you had the honour of seeing mobs singaporeans wiping mud off their shoes, feets, thighs and not angry?I have. After the rally, mostly just shrugged and removing the traces of the brown sluggish stains. On my way back on the bus, i still hear people rooting for their leaders while walking back. Reminds me a funny episode hanwen and i had.

I wont comment much on the policies, my stands, my opinions and the results, i had my fair share listening, discussing, absorbing, Voting for that matter.


No comments: