Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A morning in Starbucks

Copied off my notebook:

It's 10.37 am and here i am at Starbucks at Compasspoint on a weekday cool morning. Listening to my ipod- "things will go my way" by The calling. I'm fortunate to get a cushion seat (there's not many to start with) and i have a book on my lap and my tall Java chip on my table. =)
This is something i've always wanted to do.


I've just finished breakfast with my mei mei and she treated me to Macs and she's now off to work while her sis is slacking away in Starbucks. What a great way to start the morning! Though i must say this was not how i quite envisioned today to start. I had plans to either go to the beach (ruined by the rainy weather) or declutter my portable hard disk( a task which i'm not exactly looking forward to), but i guess this is what people do on their break, or convince themselves to do when they have the time-- settle errands which seems awfully tedious and wasted for a weekend.

Well, my sister interrupted my plans when she woke me up from my freshly changed bed-sheets (yes, i will blog about that.. Tuesday is BedSheets day) & jioed me for breakfast, with today being her last day at work.

pls: by the way, saw this one guy outside starbucks who's just people watching, with a cup of coffee in his hands. Oh, he got up and left with no bag, papers or stuffs. Cool!

People outside are carrying brollies (plural of brolly?) and leaves are swaying so hard i think it's probably cooler out there and here i am, trying to act snuggly in my oversized sweater indoors with aircons not fully functioning...

Actually the purpose of me coming out alone today is to think. Dont think it's possible to think properly at home without any form of distractions. e.g (at this point of writing, my mum called to ask if i needed a lift home and then i told her i'm at starbucks reading .. & she's
Wah! oKAY, take your time..)"

So where was i? Oh yeah, to think! i think i dont have a particular agenda, just letting my thoughts run wild, letting them internalized, in the midst of the incessantt blending of the coffee beans and Abba's droning in my ear drums. Another reason why i'm here at Starbucks is beacuse i want to read my book " financial securities in troubled time", a very apt title (if u ask me) especially in these few peculiar weeks.

Something tells me i'll fall sleep if i were to read this in bed, i probably wont last past chapter 1..Wait no, make that introduction. So, i aim to read this after this entry. Gosh, this internalization of thoughts sure aint easy...

"if" is playing on my ipod now, i think it suits my current mood as i people watch. Think i'll stop my ranting to enjoy the moment.

Signed:

hooey@ 11.07 am (corner at starbucks)

PP/S at a much later time--->: i finished reading the whole book!!!! i'm proud to tick off this item-->

"read a whole book at a coffeejoint, people watched in a weekday morning"


Essentials for a 2+ hour in a coffee joint.

No comments: