Sunday, September 18, 2011

Life married

I think the last time i post, i had not gone through the customary wedding ceremony. So technically, although we were married, we have not stayed with each other. Looking back, it's close to 4 months since we held our banquet at Marina Mandarin and wow, looking back, i think time passed really fast.

Strangely, it's also a time of more reflection as both of us get used to each other living habits. I wont say it's all rosy but ultimately i still feel blissful in the knowledge we are learning more and adapting about each other's quirky habits, emotions and thoughts as we started sharing a common space.

As i've grown to more obligation, with "wife" added to the list of existing roles " Daughter, Sister, Friend, Colleague" , let's not forget " daughter- in law" and him taking on the role of "brother-in law" to 3 other siblings and a son to my parents; there are ultimately adjustments, considerations, which i tell myself not to forget and take for granted.

And maybe in doing so, something i wonder if i have forgotten about... me as an individual. I seriously doubt so since I am putting my thoughts in to it, but it can be easily neglected and in place, is frustrations when one failed to see why one feel inadequate, yet, often it's the multitude of roles all rolled into one that adds up to this frustrations. Hence, i tell myself i must learn to allocate time to myself, to get used to it, while not taking too much of it, which may indirectly affect others.

There are a couple of things on my mind. Things which i thought i want to set about doing and often more than not, it just get chucked aside. When i was single and attached, i tend to be more stubborn in self centric in the actions/ plans i made. And now, i see myself overly concerned. what an irony.. so i thought i should put it out.

a) Sky diving in New Zealand. Mt Cook preferably, if not fine with other sites in NZ.

b) Setting up a Vickers account. Seriously, this one doesn seem quite feasible cos i'm not going to follow through, so i might just strike it off

c) Get my photo book done. But then again, i worry about too much stuffs which is already crowding our little room.

d) A holiday with my parents. I have brought them travel ever since i've started work, or at least anywhere really decent, so i kinda want to bring them on a short trip.

e) Saving money. Well, i do feel the urge to do that more now, even though there's nothing really pressing i need the cash for. I'm glad, cos i really need to exercise more self- restraint in this area.

f) Fitness? I target to be more focused in yoga, in over-all well being. Seeking a balance in my diet, beauty regime ( at least to really start focusing on clean, tone, moisturing .... i can so feel the "Gasps!" coming my way, that i'm still not disciplined in that area).

g) An overall organized mindset and physical on-take in various aspects in life, my room, my work area, my social life, my marriage life.=)

h) by the way, i'm blogging this on my Macbook pro which hub got for me. So, i rreally need to learn to make full use of this baby. There's so much functions.


i) Last but not least, to grow with my hub. It easier to lose track of what's important when you see people around your age doing certain things, which kinda influenced one to think, "yes, this is what you should do, this is what's next, this is the path", but ultimately, we should remember, the marriage is two of us, not what others set of us. We should be comfortable with where we are, where we want to go, and how we want to go....
"In health or sickness, in richness or poor, for better or worse" we will stay by each other. This is probably the only commonality, standard set for marriage.

No comments: