Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My year's performance matrix


As it's time for me to do my work's evaluation for the year, tallying the score which, will ultimately affect my performance bonus, I sat on the ride to work thinking, how I have performed in my life for the chapter of 2010.

It's easier to write down my contributions and discuss about projects done for work as we each spend a siginificant half if not more of our waking hours in it. So much so, our identity has taken on, evolved from who we are at work, what we do rather than what we can be as a person.

I got the red little book yesterday. I thought and I want to do a score card for 2010 and start a new metric for 2011.A conscious effort just like what I do for work. And when it's reminder time from HR to do my appraisal, I will take it as my cue to review my score card.

More often than not, I am influenced by what others think.

The Asian pride is in me. Do well, but not too well that you outshine and feel uncomfortable.
It's lonely at the top, don't go up there even if you could.

Complain if that's the team's culture and not yours. If u can't convince u join.

These are all going against what I have been working towards.

I'm optimistic because I want to and it makes me happy rather than dwell in the heaps of work and unhappiness. Like what colin turner said in "born to succeed"- " happiness involves having the courage to live in the life you chose for yourself. Becoming what you really want to become and doing what you really want to do is available through your freedom of choice"

In a way, it can be that I love myself and my life too much to spend it frowning. And for that, I am thankful. I like to spread tis knowledge to others because it makes me happy.

So that I got thus mindset( not to sound too preachy) I need to establish my goals, coz knowing myself, this self-fed mentality will not last long if there are not actions and goals to sustain and grow my happiness.

Hmmmm these are the 14 mins of my thoughts for today.:)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: