Thursday, October 06, 2005

Making a new friend

I made a new friend.

A friend somewhat special. A friend who's so transient if i should say.
I've only seen her her this week, tho she has been around for 23 years.
She may have surfaced much earlier,
but i'm surprised her tolerance took her fear

She hangs around the corporate world, only a passer-by
As she hustles and mingles, she immersed herself in sights so fine
She pops in and out of her little thoughts,
she glances to and fro the towers sought
She understands she's no longer in her garden,
and learning as she might,
her memories holding tight.

She speaks words of a child to people whose words are so profound
She finds herself alienated and yet strangely attracted to the sights and sounds
She makes me see another side of myself, she saw the bounds in me
The devil sprang about when my nerve was so challenged by a particular soul
Whose voice, actions, or slightest twitch could turn me foul
My friend took over the episode, and suddenly,
i stand ugly viewing myself in a different light.
Moods were flipped just as words were exchanged

A voice reminds to tone down
and let things by
Life's aint always cool and no use making it fry
A gentle breeze veiled across, my friend subsides
Retreating to a spot where I might find
Sometimes, all it takes is a little smile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey,is that written by you? You can start writing more poems,got so much ink (mo4 shui3)in you...hee (von w.)