Tuesday, June 24, 2008

16 all over again

What a great way to spend monday night? A great way to ease those monday blues...

A sing-out loud session of reminiscing the 90's hits... There i was trying to look through my lists of songs when suddenly decided to play britney's "sometime". this song brought back memories cos i rem standing at HMV with my b2, looking at her mtv, gushing how sweet she looked... and what do u know.. my sister jolted me out of my daze and commented: "Man, that song is like 10 years old.. and britney's a mum of 2 already!"

I was like... "..."

and then the game just started... I play songs of my lappie, and she started guessing the band/artist & song titles.. and we'll just sing out loud... until i start playing the next song for her to guess. and so far this is what we have sang.

1. "sometimes" -britney
2. "If you only knew"-moffats
3. "Like a rose"-A1
4. "Truly Madly, Deeply"- Savage Garden
5. " I wanna be with you"- Mandy Moore
6. " Liquid Dreams"- Otown
7. " Quit Playing Games with my heart"- Backstreet boys
8." Dont make me wait" - 911
9." Because of you"- 98 Degrees
10."Oops i did it again"- Britney
11."Together Again"- Janet Jackson (a hint i gave my sister: the one who bared her nipple)
12." Valentine"- Tina turner
13.""Turn Back time" - Aqua
14."Keep on moving"- 5ive
15. "Dreaming of you"- Selena
16. " That's what friends'are for"- Stevie Wonder & Dione Warwick
17." Graduation" - Vitamin C
18. " Finally found"- Honeyz
19." Only Love" - trademark
20."Never had a dream come true"- S club 7
21." All by myself" - Air Supply
22." All Out of love"- Air supply
23. "There"- Swirl 360** (totally reminds me of jeli)
24. "Tearing up my heart"- nsync
25." Each time"- E17
26." Until the time is through"-5ive

There's more.. but i'll stop at 26. My age. One for each year of my life that i've lived and will continue doing, taking these songs and memories.

Strangely, instead of feeling old listening to these songs, i feel Young!!! Cos i know the lyrics of msot by heart.. i can sing to them.. !!!And that feels really great.. it's like i've been brought to my past.. i'm 16 all over again.

* smiles * what a great way to think of the past....

No comments: