Saturday, June 07, 2008

H=R/E

Tell me.

How do you know this is what you ever wanted? That you are happy and you will always be??

***************

Read this off a book, someone came up with the mathematical formula of happines= R/E

R: Reality
E: Expectations

To be happier, you either improve your reality or lower ur expectations. Oh, dont ask me what happen if E=0, i belive once ur born into this world, you're bound to have at least some expectations.

No expectation, no happiness, infinity happines= nothingness since it cannot be define. That's how i think i will intepret.

Point is, do you agree?

I shared this over breakfast with my family, and my baby bro aka Youngest bro was like... How can it be measured? This is intangible. Is he true? If we were to put a value to happiness, it can be traded for something of equal value or more.

However, something that used to make u happy may not make u happy in a different time aka reality. As mentioned in the book"19 minutes"

Say u used to be the prestigious few who earns $50,000/mth (in say 10 months ago) and you were happy at that time, 10 months later, you earn $50,000/mth (still within ur expectation) but so is everyone else (reality check), there your happines drop.

so, what makes me happy now, wont neccessary makes me happy in the future, unless i lower my expectations, or improve upon it. It's easier to lower.. but that's commonly camouflaged by the way"contentment". You can say, that's a wimp's point of view for not contending.



*******

By the way, i wanted to compile the answers i've gotten for this question that i posed on MSN.
" What is hard to gain but easy to lose?"
Answers gotten:

1. Money (most common answer)
2. Job/ career
3. Trust
....


i know some will hate me for saying this, but for me: 4. Weight =P

i think i'm missing out some other answers. Do tell me if i forgot to add urs.



No comments: